Are you passionate about helping children in need? Do you want to help build a better Indonesia? Want to use your communications and/or fundraising skills for good? Then come join the team at Rachel House as our Communications and Fundraising Manager!
About Rachel House:
Founded in 2006, Rachel House has pioneered palliative care for seriously-ill children in Indonesia, driven by the belief that no child should ever have to live or die in pain. We provide home-based palliative care services to seriously-ill children with Cancer and HIV AIDS, free of charge. We also educate and equip medical professionals and local communities with palliative care skills and knowledge to provide care for those in need.
The Communications and Fundraising Manager will have a strong desire to contribute towards positive social change in Indonesia by supporting seriously-ill children live pain-free and with joy and dignity. They will lead communications with Rachel House’s diverse and expanding national and international audiences across multiple communications channels. Working closely with the CEO, they will also be responsible for the implementation of Rachel House’s fundraising strategy. They will work closely with our full-time Australian Communications Advisor, who is in-situ until August 2018
Main responsibilities include:
- Communications coordination – Acting as the focal point for internal and external communications, you will work with colleagues from across Rachel House’s programs supporting their communication needs and identifying communications opportunities from their work.
- Producing communication materials – Develop, update and maintain a wide range of communication materials including; press releases, articles and opinion pieces, presentations, newsletters, brochure and flyers.
- Social Media – Manage our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp), developing and implementing social media strategies to increase engagement with our expanding online community.
- Website – Maintain the Rachel House website, sourcing, producing and updating content on a regular basis.
- Media management – Identify potential media opportunities and pitch to targeted outlets. Act as the liaison for all proactive and reactive media opportunities. Establish productive professional relationships with journalists across print, online, TV and radio outlets.
- Stakeholder management – Reach out to a wide variety of stakeholders, ensuring their communication and information needs are met effectively by keeping them up-to-date about Rachel House’s vision, mission programs, goals, plans and progress.
- Reporting – Report regularly on the implementation of Rachel House’s communication strategy and plan.
- Fundraising focal point – Working closely with the CEO and Founder, implement the Rachel House fundraising strategy.
- Business Development – Research fundraising opportunities and write grant applications to charitable trusts or statutory bodies
- Build relationships with major donors or companies and make presentations
- Organise fundraising campaigns and events
- Recruit and organise volunteers
- Support individual and team fundraising drive– Provide support, encouragement and practical assistance to individuals who would like to fundraise on behalf of Rachel House e.g. charity head shave, burpee challenge, 10k run.
- Leverage online fundraising channels – Leverage and maintain online fundraising channels such as the Rachel House website, Global Giving and KitaBisa. Establish new campaigns/channels as required.
- Reporting – Report regularly on the implementation of Rachel House’s fundraising strategy and plan.
- Fluency in both Bahasa Indonesia and English, with impeccable grammar and spelling, is essential.
- Willingness to learn and a passion for getting the job done to the highest standard.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write for and communicate with various audiences.
- Passion for, and expertise in, social and digital media.
- A strong eye for design – experience with Canva, Photoshop or Illustrator is desirable.
- Ability to handle a wide variety of tasks and projects concurrently, with the ability to (re)prioritize.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with online fundraising campaigns and platforms is desirable.
- Communications campaigning and/or media management experience is desirable.
- Some level of health knowledge, particularly around palliative care, would be a bonus.
- Strong desire to contribute towards positive social change in Indonesia
- Motivated and driven to succeed
- Enthusiastic, energetic and willing to take responsibility for ensuring a project’s success
- Willingness to learn and to teach others
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Diplomatic manner and ability to adapt to a range of cultures and experiences
- Willingness to travel across Jakarta for work.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Three – five years’ experience in a related field (ie communications, journalism or fundraising)
- Experience in implementing communication and/or fundraising strategies and plans
Even if you don’t have the requisite qualifications or experience, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than your drive for excellence, your initiative and dedication to the role.
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter by no later than February 16th to email@example.com. If you have any questions relating to this role or you would like to have a confidential discussion please email firstname.lastname@example.org.