We provide home-based palliative care service for children living with life-threatening conditions such as cancer and HIV AIDS in Jakarta. The service is prioritised for children from marginalised communities at free of charge.
At Rachel House, we aim to improve the quality of life of patients and their families, by providing pain and symptom relief, spiritual and psychosocial support.
- Children with advanced cancer where treatment is no longer viable
- Children living with HIV AIDS with severe and/or chronic opportunistic infections
- Non-oncology and non-HIV AIDS patients will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
Our Home-Based Palliative Care Service Includes:
- Nursing and medical care to manage patients’ pain and symptoms
- Medical prescriptions, when required
- Education for caregivers and family on symptom management
- If needed, loan of medical and nursing equipment such as wheelchairs and oxygen tanks
- Emotional, social and spiritual support for patients and their families